Tuesday, January 19, 2010

happy happy joy joy

well i will try this one more time....today-ahem! all the fun we endured on vacation is finally settling down...a couple of you already know that before vacation we helped DD get into a car. on day 2 of our beloved kidtrip she calls ....MAAAAA! i am sitting on East Kellogg in Wichita and my car just stopped. mind you we were in the outskirts of santa fe new mexico headed to lalana wools....WH PULLS OVER! (if he wasnt so dang cute it would have been the last thing he ever did--i swear!!) I was sooooo close i could smell the wool fumes rising over taos....DD dropped her transmission thankfully next to a major car dealership. her 30day/100mi warrenty only covered half. so after WH and I walked off our anger and frustration by hiking FIVE national park sites we roll into tucson az only to have willey-our beloved car die....(insert sobbing here....sniffle!). no way in hades was i putting a 5th transmission in willey in 4yrs. needless to say...willey died. (actually he was sent out to pasture at a very nice vw dealership think of it as a hi-dollar retirement home for cars). we took my stash cash (all 3 yrs of it) and spent part of it on a new car a 2010 vw jetta which we affecionatly named abraham - because we found him while wondering around the desert. i was able to snatch up 4 skeins of yarn a kiwi knits in tucson - i told WH half was for my friend mallory...and yes she did get it. after which we promptly drove straight home. an 18 hr drive was made in 15...at night. exhausted and tired we fell into bed. i awoke with a cramping stomach and what i thought was a uti...after throwing up and sitting down in a repeated fashion for 3 hours straight i told WH take me to ER......this is when i heard what should have been his last words....."are you sure you need to go to er???" (okay rough background here for ya all....the only two times i have EVER thrown up in my life were swine flu and pregnancy). he carried me back to bed and waited on me hand and foot for the next 15hrs (trying to make up for something stupid he could have said i am sure)....nothing stayed down for 4 days. at which point weak, in pain and dehydrated i drove myself from work to ER and laid there 9 hours.....all the urine,blood and CT scan revealed was a massive kidney infection, and stomach flu....i drove myself home and i kid you not the first words outta his cute lil mouth were ....maybe you really did need to go to the hospital!!!!!!!
Last night before i went to bed i laid out the car payment and a ransom note from the stash....hope he likes cold tv dinners!!! (note to self : maybe this volcanic crater really was deep enough..hmmm!).

No comments: