Wednesday, March 18, 2009

spinning demo

This Saturday from 11-2 I will be at the Ellis Public Library giving a spinning and dying demo (refreshments will be served). I plan on doing a little crockpot dying as well as microwaving some roving. Most of the demo will be on explaining the different fibers and where they come from and drop spindling demos. I will have two wheels present and numerous fibers for the touchy-feely in all of us. Just a basic primer for those interested in learning a little more about spinning. I will also have some hand-dyed yarn and roving for sale if anyone is interested. A couple of ladies here in town have also expressed an interest in getting a knitting circle going in this part of western Kansas. If you want to know more or need directions please email me for info. Hope to see you there!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds like a blast! Have fun!

Christine said...

Also, do you sell any of your rovings or fiber on etsy or anywhere? I'd love to check them out!